Feedwater is bringing superior Chlorine Dioxide to the Poultry industry
Broiler farms across the UK rely on some form a water treatment for their poultry drinking lines and many have rightly looked at Chlorine Dioxide as an answer to that problem.
Some of the advantages of using ClO2 are as follows:
- Chlorine dioxide is a proven fast and broad spectrum disinfectant for animal drinking water systems.
- The compound is effective over a wide pH range (4-10).
- Is less corrosive than simple chlorine chemicals.
- Already effective at low dosing rates.
- A powerful & potent oxidiser in water.
- Highly effective at removing biofilm in water distribution lines.
- No formation of chlorinating by-products (Tri-Halo-Methanes)
Some studies have suggested that the use of conventional chlorine can inactivate vaccinations and reduce the effectiveness of some medications.
When Feedwater first looked at the poultry farm industry it was clear that the market was saturated with inferior products that provided poor yielding reactions. A quick way for farms to tell the strength of a reaction is the level of yellow (Chlorine Dioxide) in the tanks. Pale or non-existent colour in the tank chemical/water is proof that the reaction is poor and you are not getting what you have paid for.
Using a chlorine dioxide testing kit; which can be found in the Feedwater web shop here, any farmer can measure the level of chemical in the distribution channels and tweak their dosage. This provides a perfect opportunity for farmers to trial Activ-Ox against their current chemical supplier to see the difference, if you are looking to trial or change your ClO2 chemical supplier speak to us today for guidance.
For more information on Activ-Ox use in the Poultry Industry click here.