Online Legionella Training Course
Feedwater now offer online training for legionella awareness, please note the online course is only suitable for those with some interest in legionella control or some responsibly, if you are the competent person in charge of legionella control you will require the more advanced day training course held by Gary Hogben either every three months or booked at your place of work Click here for day course details.
More information about the online Legionella course is detailed below along with the product listing for the main online course and a landlord focused course.
Who is the online legionella training course suitable for?
- Maintenance personnel
- Site management
- Those with an interest
Again, if you are to be in charge of legionella control and compliance on your site as the competent person this course is not thorough enough and full training by Feedwater should be sought. The online course is for basic legionella management and a certificate will be issued upon completion.
Why is Legionella Training Necessary?
Management failings are invariably a root cause of all outbreaks of Legionnaires’ disease and one of the chief causes is lack of training and awareness, by management and operators, of the risks and how to control them. In its publication “Legionnaires’ disease: The Control of Legionella Bacteria in Water Systems” ACoP L8, the UK Health and Safety Executive specifically states that people involved in implementing precautionary measures should be adequately trained.
Alternative Legionella Awareness Training Day Course
We have incorporated changes from the latest revision of the HSE L8 guidelines into our new training courses.
Presenter: Gary Hogben
This is one of our most popular courses, run by Gary Hogben (*), a legionella expert and an experienced and stimulating trainer. This course provides broad-based training giving delegates an understanding of what legionella is, why it is a risk, how to assess and control that risk and how to comply with ACoP L8 and the law. The Legionella Awareness Training Course covers the following areas:
- The background to Legionnaires’ disease and other legionelloses.
- The natural history of the bacteria responsible.
- The legal position under COSHH and L8.
- Risk identification and assessment.
- The written scheme of control.
- Management responsibilities.
- Maintenance precautions and control measures in at-risk water systems.
- A short multiple-choice examination!
A training certificate will be issued after the course is complete.
What courses are available?
Feedwater offers a range of standard and bespoke Legionnaires training courses covering all aspects of legionella awareness and control. These training courses can be tailored to your specific requirements and can cover topics such as:
- What is legionella, Legionnaires’ disease and legionellosis?
- ACoP L8 training – What the law requires and how to comply
- Legionella Risk Assessment Training – How to identify and assess the risk of your water systems
- Developing control measures
- Legionnaires disease control for cooling water systems
- Legionnaires training for hot and cold water systems
- Water Treatment courses for spa and leisure pools
- Management Responsibilities and Record keeping requirements
Training is provided by experts in the field and delivered to small groups to ensure the delegates are fully engaged. Most courses involve a knowledge test and at the end a certificate is issued. So whatever your requirements, we can help you. Please contact us today using the form below.
Other Services that may be of interest
As well as training, we provide a comprehensive range of legionella control services:
- Legionella Risk Assessment
- ACoP L8 Compliance & Water Hygiene Services
- Legionella Testing Service
- Disinfection and cleaning services
- Cooling Water Treatment
- Cooling Tower Foam Cleaning
- Legionella Control with Chlorine Dioxide
NB: We are the only UK water treatment company that has its own in-house UKAS-accredited legionella testing laboratory which means we are uniquely placed to help you.
Are you worried? Is your water system contaminated right now? Find out in less than 24 hours using qPCR, our rapid legionella testing service. Whatever your Legionnaires disease prevention or water treatment needs, contact us today! +44(0)151 606 0808.