In true rock and roll style, Presenter Gary Hogben has added an extra date to his UK and European tour (Both based at Feedwater Moreton Merseyside) for Legionella Awareness Training.
The dates now available for booking are:
Thursday the 25th of September 2014
Wednesday the 3rd of September 2014
The cost is £350 per person (plus VAT).
To reserve a place on the next course, Click Here to email Mrs Irene Wilson, or telephone 0151 606 0808
Fees are non-refundable for cancellations within 7 days of the event.
WHY IS LEGIONELLA TRAINING NECESSARY?
Management failings are invariably a root cause of all outbreaks of Legionnaires’ disease and one of the chief causes is lack of training and awareness, by management and operators, of the risks and how to control them.
In its publication Legionnaires’ disease: The Control of Legionella Bacteria in Water Systems ACoP L8, the UK Health and Safety Executive specifically states that people involved in implementing precautionary measures should be adequately trained.
PRESENTER: GARY HOGBEN
This is one of our most popular courses, run by Gary Hogben (*), a Legionella expert and an experienced and stimulating trainer.
This course provides broad-based training giving delegates an understanding of what Legionella is, why it is a risk, how to assess and control that risk and how to comply with ACoP L8 and the law.
The Legionella Awareness Training Course covers the following areas:
- The background to Legionnaires’ disease and other Legionelloses.
- The natural history of the bacteria responsible.
- The legal position under COSHH and L8.
- Risk identification and assessment.
- The written scheme of control.
- Management responsibilities.
- Maintenance precautions and control measures in at-risk water systems.
- A short multiple-choice examination!
A training certificate will be issued after the course is complete.
(*) YOUR TRAINER – GARY HOGBEN, B.SC., C.BIOL.
The seminars will be presented by Gary Hogben B.Sc, C.Biol. MSB, MWM. Soc. Gary is a professional scientist and trainer, specialising in the detection and control of Legionella bacteria in water. He has extensive experience and a vast knowledge of the subject and is regularly contributing to the national and international agenda for Legionella control.
He is also a very able trainer, who makes learning enjoyable and easy.
- Gary has represented the United Kingdom on a European Committee producing a European standard for Legionella control.
- He worked with the Environment Agency’ Committee of Analysts setting sampling standards for Legionella testing in water.
- Recently appointed as a Technical Advisor to the Department of Health regarding selection of techniques for the suppression of Legionella in water supplies in healthcare.
- He has achieved a Department of Trade and Industry SMART award for his research into the rapid detection of Legionella in water.
- Gary has collaborated with the Health Protection Agency Centre for Infections in London on a study on prevalence of Legionella in water throughout the UK.
- Over several years he has delivered a series of very successful and well received training seminars throughout the UK and Europe on Legionella control.
- Gary is Feedwater Ltd’ Technical Manager and manages our busy UKAS accredited laboratory. He is a member of the Society for Biology, and the Society for Applied Microbiology & holds Chartered Biologist status. He is also a member of The Water Management Society.
Find out more about our other Training Courses.