Application process open until 24th October
Job Description – Office Assistant
Department/Section: Administration / Finance
Reports to: Office Manager
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Holiday Allowance: 5 weeks (25 days) plus bank holidays
Wage: £14 – 16.5k pa
Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.15pm with 45 minute lunch break
Main purpose of job
In this position, you will perform clerical tasks, answer phones, and sort mail. Other duties will include assisting administration and finance function with preparing documents, organizing files, managing existing documents, and generally keeping the office organized, tidy, and running smoothly.
Answer phone inquiries, direct calls and provide basic company information
Perform clerical duties, take memos, maintain files and organise documents; photocopy, fax etc as required
Oversee mail deliveries, packages and couriers
Maintaining sales inbox and allocating emails to the correct departments.
Producing customer invoices from delivery notes, sending invoice to customer via their preferred method, filing delivery notes.
Inputting Web orders and adding them to one note
To supply holiday / sickness cover when necessary for Sales / Administration (training to be provided)
Downloading Konformance reports after engineers have visited site.
Preparation of training folders when required.
Ordering office stationery.
Person specification – Office Assistant
The post holder needs to be able to demonstrate the following core competencies to a high level and use these to the full in their work. This is more important than having a great deal of direct experience of the job content, and we will be looking for evidence of all the following competencies during the selection process, if you are short-listed.
Although we are keeping direct experience/knowledge requirements to a minimum, we do need you to submit a covering letter to demonstrate your capabilities in relation to each of the areas outlined below. Where relevant, please illustrate how your competencies have helped you to achieve positive results. This will give you the best possible chance of being shortlisted.
- Experience of greeting guests and visitors and making them feel welcome in a positive and friendly manner
- Experience of working on a switchboard co-ordinating a high volume of calls during peak periods, prioritising work and situations
- Experience of basic clerical duties and office procedures
- Approachable with good interpersonal skills
- A good standard of personal presentation
- Ability to promote a positive image of the company to the customer
Special knowledge and role requirements
- Good working knowledge of using MS Office to a competent level within an office environment, especially MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills with peers of all levels up to senior management
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements