Legionella Training and Legionnaires Disease Awareness Courses
Feedwater has over 30 years of practical experience in controlling legionella and provides comprehensive legionella training courses covering Legionnaires’ disease awareness and prevention and all aspects of ACoP L8 compliance.
Why is Legionella Training Necessary?
Management failings are invariably a root cause of all outbreaks of Legionnaires’ disease and one of the chief causes is lack of training and awareness, by management and operators, of the risks and how to control them.
In its publication “Legionnaires’ disease: The Control of Legionella Bacteria in Water Systems” ACoP L8, the UK Health and Safety Executive specifically states that people involved in implementing precautionary measures should be adequately trained.
What courses are available?
Feedwater offers a range of standard and bespoke Legionnaires training courses covering all aspects of legionella awareness and control. These training courses can be tailored to your specific requirements and can cover topics such as:
- What is legionella, Legionnaires’ disease and legionellosis?
- ACoP L8 training – What the law requires and how to comply
- Legionella Risk Assessment Training – How to identify and assess the risk of your water systems
- Developing control measures
- Legionnaires disease control for cooling water systems
- Legionnaires training for hot and cold water systems
- Water Treatment courses for spa and leisure pools
- Management Responsibilities and Record keeping requirements
Training is provided by experts in the field and delivered to small groups to ensure the delegates are fully engaged. Most courses involve a knowledge test and at the end a certificate is issued.
So whatever your requirements, we can help you. Please contact us today.
Legionella Awareness Training Course
We have incorporated changes from the latest revision of the HSE L8 guidelines into our new training courses.